I am starting to understand the language, it's kinda nice because people don't think I understand it. So when I am teaching they say something that they don't think I will understand and then I comment back to them. It's funny, it suprises them very much!
Today I had that experience, the account for our school(called uncle yin) called asking for the aunt(ai yi) he was asking if she had left yet. I understood what he was saying, but I didn't know how to respond back in mandarin so I had to hang up on him!! I felt so bad!! He called three times and Icouldn't tell him that she had left already. I understand a little mandarin and I want to respond in cantonese!! I so need to have a cantonese fast! Learn mandarin fast so when I get home I can show off! Not really, it's pretty fun learning mandarin! I love it, it just is a little harder than cantonese because they use alot of different sounds...x, sh, c, z...and so forth. It's different from what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment