The story goes like this...actually it has more to it that missing a plane, but I couldn't think of a good title of this story.
Monday I went to Hong Kong because of my visa. Yeah, I "have" to go to Hong Kong every two months because of my visa. Oh, darn!! SO I went to hong kong on monday. It was the funnest time I have ever had there. I just got to do what I wanted to do!! I flew into shenzen. *For those who don't know where that is, it's really close to Hong Kong. We fly there and then ride a bus to hong kong, it's cheaper. Well I arrived about 12pm in hong kong. I went to the house that I was staying at, dropped off my stuff ate some lunch and went on my way. I asked the Sis lok the fastest way to the mission home. She told me that it was by bus and you need to get of at so and so bus stop. Well, I got on the bus, and guess what? There was no so and so bus stop...uh oh....haha it was really funny. So, I found another route to go to the mission office(because I promised I would visit when I came back to china)
Well, after I visited the mission office I went to a place called "Mong Kok" it is the best place to shop if you want to buy cheap stuff. I just strolled around. It was nice, because I didn't have to do anything...didn't have to be anywhere. I could just look around. What a nice time. I hate shopping and you can only go for so long because you have something else going on!
Lets talk about bargaining...it's fun!!! Here, they really bargain with you for many different reasons. Number one you are a forigner and so they raise the price hoping you won't notice. Number two...they are just like that. Well, there was something that I wanted and the lady said that it was going to be about 120 chinese dollars. I didn't like the price so I started to walk off...she then yelled out "one hundred" "Seventy" Okay "fifty" I still didn't like the price so I said "fourty" she at first didn't want to go that low...but thanks to a good friend she changed her mind. IT was nice!!
I love shopping when you can lower the price alot!!! Well, then I got to go do a very good dinner.
Okay for the more interesting part of this story. It is tuesday and I am supposed to fly back to hong kong at 745pm....(and I thought it was 800) Well, I go to the temple(which was really nice) and then I go to the DBC center...I need to buy some stuff for some friends. Well, I asked Sister Lok what time I needed to be back(the lady I am staying with) she said at five. So I was and I leave about five fifteen five thirty...well little did I know that was too late.
Okay this is not making any sense so let me back up a little and explain how we get from china to HOng kOng. You get from Hong kong to china by flying from chengdu to shenzen, then you ride a bus from shenzen to lo wu...then you go through imigration to Hong Kong....pretty complicated. It cost some money too...
Well now that I have explained it...I will go back to coming home. I was late for my plane!!! The reason why is because I went to lo wu and I had to wait for a bus...but no bus came because they had a traffic jam...big PROBLEM!!! So being the nice employee that I am...I decided to call my boss and ask him what to do...thinking he would be nice about it and not yell at me on the phone.(Little did I know) Well, of course being the rebellious person I am....I yelled right back at him. I then hung up my phone and was looking for an option when a really nice man came up to me. He asked me if this was the line for the airport. I said yes(thankfully he spoke english and mandarin) he then asked a couple of people in mandarin a couple of questions. He then told me that there wasn't going to be a bus for a little while because of a traffic jam. Haha, as you can imagine...it's 630 and I have a flight at 745 and I have to travel for an hour. I am so going to miss my airplane. So the guy asks around and finds another person willing to take us to the airport...we just have to pay extra money. WE all agreed and went on our way. (For those of you who know me...I don't usually get in the car with total strangers) Well...we start talking some more...and about an hour after we started talking we ask each other what our names are. Haha, usually you do that at the beggining of talking with someone.
He speaks many different languages...I know that god arranges everything. It was my fault that I was late for the plane, but Heavenly Father put that man at the bus station...so I can go to the airport...(although I missed my plane) His name is philip...he is a very nice man. We finally arrive at the airport about seven thirty and I run inside and ask if I still can check in. They said no...by this time my boss had called me about twenty million times to ask what was going on....I finally answered the phone and in a curt tone told him what was going on( I know he is my boss...I need to be nicer) he said to exchange tickets and head back to HK.
So, I exchange tickets...and go back to hong kong...it was a long trip...
Well, I get back into HK and I went to go look for a bus to go back to the members house that I was staying at...and guess what?? I get lost....oh for petes sakes...can this day get any more hectic??? Haha...I look for about 30-40min for this stupid bus...when I finally decide I should ask for directions (yes I sound like a man) and of course...haha I didn't understand most of what the guy was saying. So..I look for another 10 min. I finally find the bus...get on it and call the member. She then tells me that my boss called and told her that I was coming back... he also told her that I was naughty...haha how rude!!! I don't like to miss planes....it's not something I love doing!!! So then, I get to her house...we talk for a while and then we go to bed.
I wake up about 600 and we leave the house around 645...we get on a bus to go a different route to mainland china...(see this is another reason why I missed my plane). WE find an easier route to go to the airport...faster too!!! IT was very nice!! All in all...I can't cry over spilt milk..yeah I missed my plane and I am going to get yelled at for it...but guess what?? It's not the end of the world....the sky isn't falling...people aren't dying...I made it back to teach my classes...
No use in staying mad over it...it' not going to happen again...although it was a very good experience I Have to say!!! I got in a car with three complete strangers....missed my plane...got on a bus to come back to HK...get lost...find a easier way to get back to mainland china...
Interesting....
Oh the joys of traveling...Heavenly Father is really looking out for me!!! I know this to be true!
No comments:
Post a Comment