Spending christmas in China was a very interesting experience. I have been away from home for the last three chrismtas's...but the last two was when I was on my mission in Hong Kong. It was different there because I got to be with a companion...with other missionaries. Here, I was sorta by my self the first couple of hours! But, it proved to be an interesting experience!!
Christmas Eve, I woke up in the morning, I had three classes..one-on-one actually..it was fun. I got done around three and got to spend Christmas Eve at home. Then, Adrian asked me if I wanted to go to a play/concert(he wasn't quite sure what). I said yes, that would be a fun christmas eve. Well, we rode our bikes...yeah....It's 30degrees outside with 50 %humidity and I am riding my bike. Lets just say it was way COLD!! Well, we go and meet his friend and eat some noodles and go to the play. We get there and his friend turns to us and says..."I think this is some sort of underground christianity thing." WHAT? Oh, dear...I don't really want to get into trouble because we went to something we were not supposed to go to!!! But, in the end it turned out just fine. Although, I didn't understand a word they said..and it was a story about different stories in the bible...which really didn't have a point. But thats okay!!! His friend wanted us to stay up until midnight to celebrate christmas...but it was only ten and I didn't want to sit in a bar and wait. SO, we left!! And watched a movie at home! It was fantastic!!
Christmas day, I woke up...was a little homesick...so I decided to call my parents. They were in the middle of christmas eve dinner. Which made me even sadder because I wanted TURKEY diner and cheesecake...and all the stuff that comes with an american dinner!!! Ah...they joys of having christmas at home. Well, I then got to watch Sara and her kids open their PJs on web cam...that was cool!!! Well, about 1:00 adrian and I decided that maybe we should go shopping for our presents. It was fun, there is so much you can buy in china for very cheap!!! Very cheap!! Well, we get back about 230 and I get ready for the games..little did I know at the time there wa going to be alot of children at our party!!! I leave for the party about 4:00 and realize that I want to buy a wig( I don't really want to cut my hair) and so I took Berry with me and we go shopping again!! Whohoo!!! What fun that was...the wig originally was $138 and we got it for$60!! Nice, bargaining is the funnest!!!...
...............story to be continued!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment