I have many posts on riding the bus...they are so very interesting here in china. Lately I have been feeling a little anxious to get on the buses. We have moved schools and so we have moved were we get on the bus. Well, lets just say there are way more people there than before. I didn't use to have problems with many people, but now it's becoming a problem. China has many people...many. I probably have a fear of getting smashed in the bus..or missing it...or just not liking 50 million people on one bus.
Well, these last couple of days God has been answering my pleas...by making the bus not full of people. I have gotten on three times, and guess what? Those three times there has been a pretty empty bus. Thank you Heavenly Father. He really does listen to our pleas/prayers.
Today was another interesting experience. Haha...I love to go to the back of the bus for a couple different reasons. Number one is that there is a little more space to stand. Number two, there are more seats so more people are likely to get off and you can sit down. Well, today I was so concentrated on getting to the back of the bus that I totally missed the seats that were in the front of the bus. Haha, it was a funny thing. Elaine(my TA) turned to me and said "Why didn't you sit in the front?" I just laughed and told her "Because I didn't see the seats." Then I got a little frustrated and mad at myself because we could have been sitting down. I then laughed again and told elaine "No use in crying over spilt milk."
So then when we get closer to our destination our bus gets stopped in the middle of traffic. I don't know...lets say about five minutes. Just sitting there, cars on all four sides...okay so he can't go anywhere. He isn't going to go anywhere...there is no where to go...do you see the cars on ALL FOUR SIDES?? Well a couple of people in the bus were getting a little impatient telling the bus driver to go...and getting mad that he just sat there. Then they told him to open the door and let them out...ha ha...not the safest thing to do. In the middle of the road...let them out. Well, lets just say he eventually did...no one was moving.
The thing in china is they don't obey traffic laws! Yup, you saw right..not only do they not obey they create their own. If there is a two lane road they will make it a three lane road...if it's a three lane road they will make it a five lane road. And hense....the traffic jams. Maybe, just maybe if we drove correctly or in a more orderly fashion you would have as many traffic jams. Hm...think on that one for a while...
No comments:
Post a Comment