I have been thinking alot lately; I know I know, thinking sometimes can get you into trouble. Haha, not really. It's been an interesting couple of months, being here in china that is. I have had a lot to think about, alot to ponder about. This is really the first time I have truly been away from my home and own my own. Yes, I did serve a mission but I was surrounded by those who had the same purpose of me, the were all missionaries doing the work of the lord. I had someone to rely one, someone to talk to. Some human to talk to, I am not saying that Heavenly Father isn't important because we always can rely on him, but my point is that this is the first time where I had the choice to do things. I am not sure if that makes sense but, I am not around church members, I am not around family or friends. So, coming here to china has truly helped me understand where my testimony lies...by that I mean if I truly to have a testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel. It has taught me more about me and what I can and can't endure, what I can and can't do.
I have learned alot and I am truly grateful for coming here, I know more that there Is a God, I know we have a loving Heavenly Father and I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know that we are guided by Prophets of the lord. I can not imagine not having a Prophet lead and guide us. It truly makes me wonder where I would be. I probably would be some crazy person doing not so good things.
If you truly think about it, the Prophets have been telling us to get out of debt, most of listened or didn't...but at the time did you wondery why? The economy was doing better and there was no reason why you couldn't go out and by a new car or house...or even a boat. But, when you bought those things did you ever think about the future? I can tell you that when I got a credit card I didn't think about the ramifications it would have on my credit, I only thought about what I wanted right then. Okay so years go by and still nothing wrong with the economy...
Then boom!!!!! We are in the worst financial crisis we have been in for years, people are loosing their homes, there cars....things they have had for years? Any why? Because they were in debt....interesting thing isn't it? NO one knew what was going to happen years down the road but yet, the Prophets were telling us to get out of debt. I am just amazed...they even tell us to get a years supply of food....why?? Why would they tell us that? Because the Lord knows what is going to happen to us.....if we just listen we will be taken care of...have we ever thought of that? Or are we just thinking about ourselfs? Being selfish little creatures of habit? I can tell you I am not perfect and most of the time I wonder why was I so stupid?
I have had a lot of time to think about things..being here in china. I know the Lord is looking out for us and I know he will help in times of trial if we just listen. It reminds me of the story of the 10 Virgins...am I one of the wise or am I not? Are you one of the wise? Are you going to become a wise virgin and get prepared before things happen? I love this Gospel and I am thankful everyday. I am so grateful I have trials for they make me a stronger person! I love Heavenly Father and I Jesus Christ...he is my personal Savior and I am grateful for his loving care.
No comments:
Post a Comment