Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Continuation of two weeks in china......

Frieda looked at the car coming....she was scared. "Oh no...." She thought "It's going to hit me." Frieda runs across the road. "Whew" She exclaims that was close. Frieda keeps walking and comes across some puppies..o so cute. She gets distracted and pets the puppies. She forgot to watch the time. She finally looks at her watch and is worried because she is a little late. Oh no, I was supposed to meet with the boss, he is going to be very mad. So Frieda runs to the school, up three levels and meets the angry boss. "Where have you been?" he says. "o, I was distracted by some puppies."
Frieda and the boss then get things underway. Frieda is scared and isn't quite sure she likes it in china yet. People are mean, taxi and car drivers don't watch where they are going. Friends taking you on long bike rides. Frieda isn't sure what to think.
Frieda then goes down to the second level and meets the staff of the school. She is so excited, she loves Chinese people and think they are very nice. She meets tina....and and...oh no. What was that other girls name? Lisa, jane? Frieda feels bad because she can't remember their names. She knows that is an offense in china, not remembering their names. Oh, well she thinks...they will forgive me.
So, people keep talking to frieda and she gets more and more lost...what is going on. When I first got the letter to come to china they said I am going to get taught for two weeks before I start teaching people. But, yet, they are saying I start tomorrow. Oh, noo what is going on?
Frieda starts to freak out, she goes home after a long day and talks to Bort. Bort then says, yeah. That's usually how the boss works, tells you what you want to know and then it's totally different.
Oh, well. Frieda thinks, I won't let this stop me. So she forges ahead and the next day realizes that teaching english isn't that hard. Little did Frieda know that she would be teaching little crazy children. Thursday comes and she realizes what a mistake she made when she thought teaching was easy. By the end of class she is ready to rip her hair out. Why, why, why did I decide to come here and teach english. I dislike children.
Again, she thinks....she will forge ahead. The next day she goes with a helper named Jenny. Jenny is very nice frieda thinks...not paying attention to riding her bike. All the sudden she looks up....and Whack!!!!!

No comments: