I am not really going in order, although I should to those of you who will follow. So, I will help you out by labeling the ones in order. For example I will put first weeks in china in the title...all those go together. I probably just confused the heck out of you!! I have been in China for two months. My experience has been most interesting. I have learned alot about myself. How much I need to rely on the Lord and how much things aren't as they appear to be. I came to china under some false circumstances, if I would have known them before I probably wouldn't have come. So, when it comes down to it I am glad that I didn't know. I have learned alot and I truly am grateful to be among the Chinese!
China is such a diverse place. From rich people to poor people, and from chinese to americans(or other nationalities) I have meet people from all over. I have come to appreciate having a car in america. You don't realize how much you take a car for granted. Most people would think having a 1983 Chevy is so low class. For those people who think that should take a couple months and travel to a country where many people don't drive cars. Where alot of the population take public transportation or ride bikes. You then would be very grateful for your own personal space and for the wonderful car that you have! I sure am. Although riding on the public transportation limits car use and saves the enviorment.
I have had many experiences while over here, for example, once again I mention the bus. The bus has been the highlight of my time, ok so thats not true. But, the bus has provided me with some experiences. One would think that if a bus says it fits only a certain amount of people that truly, thats how many people you can fit. I can testify and I am sure some other people can as well, that that is not true. You can fit as many people on a bus as you want. You just shove the people infront of you farther in the bus to let more people on. So was my experience the other day. I was with my friend and we were waiting at the bus station. The bus came, and I looked at how many people were on the bus. Haha...little did I know at the time. I turned to my friend and said, "Elaine, we are not going to fit on the bus." She turned to me and said "Yes, you are don't worry." I just shook my head and stood inline to get on the bus...and bottaboom. I made it on the bus...so much for personal space. We then came to another bus stop, I once again thought to myself "Oo, I don't think anyone is going to fit." Considering I was cramped against the front door to the bus. Haha, little did I know again. Suddenly as the bus doors open I am being shoved into people about five feet. Yup, they made it on the bus and made room for more.
So, being in china has rid me of my personal space aura...okay so I still have problems with the personal space thing...it's really weird when you are behind to behind to someone else. A little on the uncomfortable side if you know what I mean!!!
Oh, and Chinese people have alot of trust. Another thing about the bus being full, if it's full at the front the bus driver will then open the back doors and let people on. Well, being honest people and all the chinese people will hand their bus card up to the front(through alot of people) and then people will hand it back. It amazes me everytime I see that!!! What trust you have to have to send money or a bus card to the front. If you were to do that in other places, the money would get stolen and you probably wouldn't see your bus card again.
I once again am grateful for the experiences I am having. I love the Lord and I am grateful this is the way he wants me to go!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment